11 August 2010

Day 8: Last day in New York

I decided the last day shall be the day I spent touring New York leisurely. But it turned out to be rather crazy. I practically walked the entire stretch of manhattan from 103th street to brooklyn bridge.
I started the morning back where I started a week ago on a saturday morning - Central Park. This time, I went to the east side to explore areas which I didnt see the last time.

Its weird to find an obelisk in the middle of Central Park. This obelisk was erected in Egypt and then removed to Alexandria by the Roman. It was presented to the city of New York in 1881 by Egypt.

The Ramble at Central Park.
At the center of the park is the Bethesda Fountain.
The wollman rink reopened by Donald Trump. Its an ice skating rink during winter and a amusement park during summer.
The Apple store just at the border of Central Park. It was packed with people queuing up to get their ipad and iphone 4.
A few streets down is the Abercrombie and Fitch Store. As usual they have their models standing in front of the store to attract customers.
The Washington Square Arch.
Everyone having fun at the fountain. The heat was unbearable that day. I think it was at least 36 degrees.
My second visit to the Brooklyn Bridge.
My final stop was at Ground Zero. I was there in 2007 and it was a construction site. 3 years later, its still a construction site. I wonder when it will finally be completed.

No comments: